Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Women of Faith

A big thank you to everyone who has participated in past challenges. We pray that they will have been a blessing and/or challenge to you.

Please continue to spread the word about our blog, and to help you do that we've decided to offer our first RAK! We are pleased to announce that Casey from Scripture by Design is offering a fab package of items... 1 x printed transparency, 1 x pack of 4 stitched verses, 1 x pack of three journaling cards, 1 x pack of three handstamped tiles. Total retail value $AU 21.85

Please leave a message to this post by Wednesday 12th March, and we will pick a winner out a hat and announce it in two weeks time when we set the next challenge.

Now to the challenge...
This week it is my (Ruth's) turn to set the challenge. To be honest it crept up on me and so when I was thinking about it I think I had in the back of my mind Mother's day here in the UK which is this coming Sunday. So, with a slight twist I came up with

Inspiring Christian Women...

...they could be women from the Bible, from Christian History or from your life.

I kept with the mother's day theme, and have made an altered tin using the verses from Proverbs about a Woman of Noble character..

I'll be giving one to my mum and one to my mother-in-law.
(They're actually tins with a mug inside)

I was so blessed to have a Christian mother. Her prayers for me and Christian values that were imparted to me have been fantastic. Although at times particularly as a teenager, we did not get on all the time (to put it mildly), she has always been devoted to all her 3 girls and to serving the Lord and sharing the Gospel with people around her. Her frugality and ability to make something from not-very-much is inspirational and has rubbed off on me a little! She truly is a woman of noble character to me!
Kim
Kimberly
Lythan
Hazel

Gillian

26 comments:

Karen L said...

Great topic this month and some wonderful layouts. Love checking out this blog.

Gennie said...

Wow! What an awesome site! I love this. Never been before, but I will be back! Blessings, Gennie

MonaS! said...

what a wonderful topic - I did a layout of a friend by that theme just a few weeks back.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Scrapinab/MonkeyMe/photo#5172049033567906082

And what a wonderful RAK to be given away! These layouts are absolutely inspiring

laurie serino said...

Thanks for offering such an awesome RAK, I know I want to make something special for my pastor's wife back home, I just have to think of what !

miss~nance said...

Just discovered this blog. Love the challenge and the LO's.

Dawn said...

What a great subject. I am mostly a card maker but, i do scrapbook, so, this is one challange I will take!!

Anita said...

What a wonderful RAK!

http://www.wowprincess.com/anita/

Lou said...

Wonderful site and wonderful challenges. Praise God for creativity.

Allison said...

Love the layouts but most of all love the topic. what an inspiring one to do!
Allison

bopashe said...

I like the blog and I loved the latest challenge...made me stop and think
Thanks

Everydaythings said...

I accidentaly fopund this blog and although I've never taken part here I have added it to my list of blog link challenges as I think its one I will be inspired to do. I love the way people do their layouts and the topics. Very inspiring. Hope to take part soon! cheers krissie

morningDove said...

I would love to win the RAK. And thank you for offering such a wonderful gift.

Naomi said...

All of your work inspires me! Thanks for sharing it. Keep it going. God bless you all x

Angie in AZ said...

While I am an artist, I rarely scrapbook anymore but I love seeing what you guys are doing. Great theme and brings back wonderful memories of my grandmother.

So Much To See said...

Wow. Beautiful work. I don't scrapbook much, but I do collage and mixed media pieces that use scrapbook paper and ephemera. Great inspiration here! All for His glory!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with this challenge. There are so many women God has used in my life. I had a meaningful time reminiscing of each of them. And this time I tried something new!
amanda
http://hiddenart.wordpress.com/2008/03/05/inspiring-christian-women/

Unknown said...

Just found this blog, its amazing. Will be back.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Thank you so much for such an inspiring site! It's great to be able to see other artists expressing their faith through their artwork.

I've completed a piece for this challenge called, 'Friends'.

htt://www.susiesheartscontent.blogspot.com

Sandra Smart said...

I just love all of the wonderful projects that are posted here. It has inspired me to make quite a few of my own scripture cards and projects which in turn have been used as gifts for newcomers at our church! So thank you for the inspiration!

monique said...

What a nice RAK offer! Thank you! I have enjoyed following along with your challenges for a few months now :)

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Hi, me again. I've just noticed that the link to my blog isn't quite right. Sorry about that...
www.susiesheartscontent.blogspot.com

Nancywithajones said...

omgosh this is so incredible IM working on a women of faith album right now for when im unable to get online or im sick int he hospital I can go to this book and read scriptures from all my friends and know they are there supporting me and praying for me.This is a great site to have. What a great idea!

Patti Gingrich said...

What a wonderful blog! Not only is your work beautiful and inspiring, it's truly from the heart. Thank you so much for sharing it! I will definately be back! Blessings~ Patti

All That Chit Chat said...

Gorgeous work! These ladies are really letting the Lord's light shine through in their creativity!

Sarosa said...

Wow, how lovely to offer a gift!

This seemed like a challenge that should be collaged (can I really verb that noun, lol??), so it was not easy, but I loved the idea!

Here is my attempt to honor Corrie Ten Boom: http://encouragingimpressions.blogspot.com/2008/03/corrie-ten-boom.html

Crafty Blogs